Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wedding Preps 101:Planning Stages

After a schedule Sunday lunch with my family, our wedding preparation will be "legal". Why do I say so? Because we kept our engagement secret to our families nearing a month now. Well to Jp's side knows about it. Not that we do not want them to know, we are just waiting for the right time to share with them the good news.

Which is actually the signal for every wedding preparation and this entry is about our first hand experience on starting our journey towards a lifetime of togetherness and the things we learned and will learn along the way.

Before actually telling our parents, we already talked about the wedding date. Sometime 2007, I was daydreaming about marrying Jp when I had this urged to find the perfect date for us. Initially, I do not want our wedding date and our anniversary as a couple to be different from each other. While browsing my then mobile phone's calendar, I saw that our annivesary date will be on a weekend in 2012. From then on, Jp would always tell me that we will get married in 2012 and knowing Jp, he will be true to his word.

Fast forward to 2010. One day we talked about our plans of getting married and how we do not have the money for it still. It was then that we decided to push through with the wedding preparations and what followed was his proposal. The initial date was scratched because we want my family from the US to have a chance to come over for our wedding thus July 21, 2012 is the new date.

Dreaming of your wedding is one thing. All ideas will flow in your head and you can easily visualize the wedding happening. What most of us bride-to-be's do not really know is this: IT IS HARD TO PLAN AND EXECUTE OUR WEDDING. :)

The intial stages of wedding planning are like a maze for most of us. I myself did not know where to begin. But being trained to be responsible at an early age, I knew saving up for the wedding and the wedding budget is our top most priority. At this point, we already have a conservative amount to save from our combined income and a wedding budget I am bent on reducing further. Both our conservative savings and wedding budget do not match but I rather make the budget a bit more and work it down rather than save more at this point.

Simutlaeously with the savings come the canvassing of suppliers. I want to book a venue and photo/video coverage before the year ends to at least take advantage of price locks if offered. Here is one thing about supplier-hunting: the more you do your research, the more you want to get the best of things even if sadly, you cannot afford them. Good thing with me I am level headed with this one and also I have asked my boyfriend not to indulge in my wants even if he likes making me happy. So far, it helped me look into some suppliers that are within our budget.

Wedding preps are dizzying and OVERWHELMING. At this point we are still getting the hang of it. I am thankful for being a part of this e-group for the help and ideas I am getting.

But really, at the end of the day, we rather focus on what comes after the wedding which is the committment of a marriage.

No comments: